Vaginoplasty is a reconstructive plastic surgery and cosmetic procedure designed to tighten a vagina that’s become slack or loose, usually from vaginal childbirth or aging. This looseness is a result of stretching of tissues and separation of muscles that can contribute to sexual dysfunction.
A vaginoplasty brings the separated muscles together, and the extra mucosa skin from the back side of the vagina is removed. The external skin can also be removed for a more aesthetic appearance.
This procedure typically results in a tighter vaginal canal, which can help enhance sexual satisfaction.
Board-Certified Reconstructive Surgeons
At Cherokee Women’s Health, our three board-certified OB/GYN Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) urogynecologists have the expertise to fully understand a woman’s body both inside and out, which translates into the best vaginoplasty treatments with the best outcome.
Recent Blog Posts
- A Mom’s Journey from Grief to Joy
- No More Painful Periods
- A Patient Finds Relief After Years of Suffering
- Premature Twins: A Mother’s Emotional Journey and Her Doctor’s Unique Perspective
- Yeast Infections – What You Need to Know
- Labiaplasty – Choosing a Specialized Surgeon
- Vaginal Changes After Childbirth
- The Importance of Vaginal Health
- Why Does Your Vagina Feel Loose?