Cherokee Women’s OB/GYN was founded in 1993 by the prominent Atlanta physician Dr. James Lee Cross, to bring quality health care to the women of Cherokee County. Arriving to the area as the lone obstetrician, within two years Dr. Cross reduced the infant morbidity and mortality rate by almost half. He continued his work in the county, even while battling through a bout of cancer and its treatment.
Although the field of women’s health care has changed and advanced tremendously, we still look to Dr. Cross’s example because of the way he fundamentally changed the health outlook for so many women and families in our community.
Our mission at Cherokee Women’s Health is to be a trusted guide and partner with you in finding the best solutions for your health, and to make available only the most effective treatments in women’s health care, ranging from ground-breaking surgical innovations to honest, common sense advice regarding your choices for lifelong health and well-being.
Recent Blog Posts
- Meet Nurse Midwife Rachelle Denney
- Meet Dr. Mariya Zhukova (“Dr. Z”)
- Being Pregnant and Having a Newborn During a Pandemic – Nicole’s Story
- Having a Baby During a Pandemic – Rebecca’s Story
- Robin’s Vaginal Rejuvenation Journey – Episode 6
- Emotional Health During Pregnancy
- Vaginal Rejuvenation Gives Julie Multiple Benefits
- Pregnant? Tips to Push Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Trena Loses 70 Pounds After Many Failed Attempts