FACOG stands for “Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.” ACOG is the nation’s leading group of professionals providing health care for women.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists:
- Serves as a strong advocate for quality health care for women
- Maintains the highest standards of clinical practice
- Provides continuing education of its members
- Promotes patient education
- Increases awareness among its members and the public of the changing issues facing women’s health care
For more information, go to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
So, What Exactly is FPMRS, Anyway?
Board certified OB-GYNs Michael Litrel, Peahen Gandhi, and James Haley have been awarded board certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. FPMRS is a surgical sub-specialty addressing the problems women experience with the changes to their anatomy from having children. FPMRS surgeons are also known as ‘Board Certified Urogynecologists.’
Cherokee Women’s Health Specialists, PC, has unique surgical expertise in the Southeast United States as an OB-GYN practice with three Board Certified Urogynecologists.
Areas of Expertise as FPMRS subspecialists:
- Urogynecology – Incontinence
- Pelvic Reconstruction (loss of support in internal organs and female pelvic anatomy)
- Heavy Bleeding
- Pelvic Pain
- Transvaginal Mesh Revision and Repair
- Vaginal Rejuvenation (vaginal laxity from childbirth)
- Labiaplasty (structural abnormalities and cosmetic repairs)
Dr. Michael Litrel says: “Women often suffer unnecessarily, not knowing that there are effective treatments for a leaky bladder or pelvic pain. Women who need treatment will often make these statements:
- “I leak when I sneeze, laugh, or move too much.”
- “I feel like my bottom’s falling out!”
- “I have pain with my cycles—it’s interfering with my life.”
- “My bleeding every month is horrendous.”
Patients may call 770-720-7733 to schedule a consultation.
Request a Consultation
- Treating Pelvic Health Problems
- Miscarriage: A Father's Grief
- Premature Twins Part 2
- Premature Twins: A Young Mother Rides the Emotional Roller Coaster
- Endometriosis - Facts Every Woman Should Know