One in five women suffer from urinary incontinence, which is also called bladder leakage. Leakage often occurs during simple everyday activities:
What Causes Incontinence?
Incontinence occurs when the muscles that support the urethra (the tube that carries urine out of the body) are weakened or damaged. This can happen as a result of childbirth, trauma, hormone changes and many other reasons.
Many women believe that a leaky bladder is a normal part of aging, and that nothing can be done about it. The truth is that you don’t have to live with this condition.
Dr. Litrel discusses treatment options for urinary incontinence.
Incontinence can be treated in several ways, depending on the exact nature of the incontinence and its severity. Effective treatments can include:
- Changes to your diet and fitness routine
- Physical therapy
- Minimally-invasive surgical procedures
Our physicians have a high degree of expertise in diagnosing and treating urinary incontinence. We can perform specialized testing called urodynamics, to determine the cause of your bladder leakage. Sometimes a simple medication can resolve the problem. Other times a minimally invasive sling procedure is required, which takes only 30-45 minutes.
Take the Urinary Incontinence Quiz
- Do you have accidental leaks during the day or when you’re sleeping?
- Do you lose urine when you cough or sneeze?
- Do you have trouble holding your bladder when you rush to the bathroom?
- Do you sometimes leak urine during normal everyday activities such as walking or lifting?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, know that you don’t have to suffer any more. The solution to incontinence is often as simple as a medication or a procedure.
One of those treatment options is the O-Shot, an in-office, nonsurgical procedure used to treat incontinence. Download your free O-Shot eBook to learn more.
Together, we will take the proper steps to determine the cause of your urinary incontinence, and recommend the treatment option that will offer you relief and peace of mind.
Recent Blog Posts
- What You Need to Know About BV
- Robin’s Vaginal Rejuvenation Journey – Episode 3
- Robin’s Vaginal Rejuvenation Journey – Episode 2
- Robin’s Vaginal Rejuvenation Journey – Episode 1
- Great Sex After Menopause?
- A Mom’s Journey from Grief to Joy
- No More Painful Periods
- A Patient Finds Relief After Years of Suffering
- Premature Twins: A Mother’s Emotional Journey and Her Doctor’s Unique Perspective